Article • January 18, 2018
It’s no secret… If you want your employees to be more effective, productive, happy and successful, they need to work well together. The question is: how do you encourage this?
One way to try and accomplish greater collaboration and higher morale is to establish regular team building exercises. The key to developing the right team building exercise is to first establish the purpose and the goals of the exercise. This information should help to clarify the type of activity to pursue.
Below are six team building experiences to consider:
- Treasure Hunt – corporate treasure hunts are designed to encourage teamwork, bonding, collaboration, provide creative and competitive scenarios and above all else, inspire fun!
- Escape Room – is a physical adventure game in which players work together to solve a series of puzzles using clues, hints and strategy to complete the objectives at hand. Games are set in a variety of fictional locations, such as prison cells, science labs, and space stations, and are popular as team building exercises.
- Cuisine Team Challenge – bringing people together to work hand in hand on cooking challenges. The best part of the cuisine team challenge is sharing an amazing meal at the end of it and knowing “it tastes good too!” says Successful Meetings Magazine.
- Trivia Night – good old fashioned trivia rounds including general knowledge, sports trivia and rounds related to your specific organization. Trivia Nights are the total experience of challenging the mind while having fun with your co-workers.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Initiative – have fun and give back with charity & philanthropic team building activities. Employees can feel good about doing something that helps make a difference, often within their own community.
- Overnight Excursion – a corporate trip is a great option to get all employees out of their comfort zone and create a tailored bonding experience. Bee Eventive handles all aspects including creating the programs to the logistics of getting to/from the site and everything in between. Think a motivational speaker will be beneficial? Games? Conversation? Teamwork exercises? Exploring nature? Learning something new? Getting treated to a exceptional experience? This is a great way to break the ice, reward employees, find commonalities, and create shared memories.
The possibilities are endless. If you are not sure what your employees will enjoy most, look for volunteers to join a planning committee or create a survey. Creating a committee could provide a unique way to build bridges between various departments and cliques.
The goal is for your employees to bond and have a good time all together. Having a good time, enjoying a shared experience, and realizing commonalities will boost morale and create a stronger team.
Need help planning your company’s next team building event? Bee Eventive, LLC is here to help! We partner with our clients to create impactful, memorable events that meet their needs and exceed expectations. From productivity to entertainment, we give you all the options and handle all the details from A to Z.
Contact Bee Eventive, LLC: email@example.com